Refuge of Allis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ontaré/Kaizen

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ontaré/Kaizen - Page 2 Empty Re: Ontaré/Kaizen

Post by Paxar Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:24 am

Enann's face took a serious turn, and he sat back in his seat. He sat in silence for a moment, contemplating the situation, his fingers stroking his beardless chin. Finally, he spoke.

"I do know of this golem, although I was not aware it was on your lands, and it is no secret we enjoy a prosperous arrangement with the merfolk. This places me in a difficult position. I'm sure you can appreciate that."

Enann stood and paced about the room. "I know the merfolk to be a fair and peaceful people, although more prone to frivolity than most. I do not know how they will respond to your claim on the golem. We were all placed in unclaimed wilderness, and rights of ownership largely come down to physical possession."

He held up a hand in an appeasing gesture. "I am not saying this is just, but this is the way things are for the moment. I cannot throw the weight of Ontaré behind either of you because that would mean moving against an ally. I can, however, provide mediation if needed to ensure a peaceful settlement. I will consult with My Lady further on this matter, but I hope my decision is acceptable to you."

Enann sat back down, leaning forward on his desk and awaiting the Kaizen's response.

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonlord7012 Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:24 am

Kyung-Sun nodds.

"You words bear wisdom Lord Enann. We would not ask you to turn against an ally, especially in such shaky circumstances, rest assured. Nor do we feel so secure in our righteousness in this to even consider you doing so where you to offer. This shouldn't be resolved through amassed armies."

"You may talk to them though if your words carry the same weight they do with our people, they may listen. As i said, we plan on offering a deal one that could result in either side gaining the Guardian. If negotiations go well, we will gain control of it, and it will go to the defense of our peoples and our allies, just as our armies where pledged before."

Kyung-Sun nodded, before thinking.

"If it does well to set a precedence, my people would like to register official claim of the Unbroken Mountain Range, and the hills adjacent. There are a few [hexes] of land that cut into such a formation that we would tentatively claim, if only to save the cartographers." he adds wryly.

"It is a matter of biology than any real spiritual motivation. The air at the top of the higher hills and mountains is far thinner than towards the bottom. We ll need to spend a large part of our raise and teach our children there so they become used to it and their breath more efficient. This allows for a lifetime of easier flight, at any altitude, and far greater endurance at lower ones. To grow up on the lower elevations can cripple the ability of younger fliers for years, and making the transition is often uncomfortable."

Kyung-Sun pauses before continuing sadly. "It is also our home. Or it is similar to the one we knew. To stand at the top of the peaks and watch the sun rise over a horizon cut by teeth of the earth...It reminds us of home. Or at least it applies a balm the the absence of the old one"

"As for mediation, we would welcome any observers, you may even wish to send some men on site to oversee our soldiers once they arrive should you wish it. We have them in position fairly soon. Their orders have been very specific, and you may find them amusing."'

Kyung-Sun read the humans face at the information he added, "Rest assured, the first and last order they received where both that they are to do no harm, unless they are attacked, or to defend the lives allready there."

" Regardless of the outcome. Conflict to sate Greed is not in our peoples interest." He finishes meaningfully.
dragonlord7012
dragonlord7012

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:28 pm

Enann smiled. "I am happy to hear it, and please forgive my abundance of caution. I have had troubling whispers of late, but nothing to concern yourself with. I trust that all will be settled peacefully."

"With regard to your homeland, Ontaré officially recognizes your claim to the mountains and surrounding hills. May your families prosper there."

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonlord7012 Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:49 pm

Kyung-Sun waves off his apology. "There is nothing to forgive, caution derived from a desire to protect is wisdom. And i truthfully hope we will be allowed to settle peacefully. We will send messengers to all the nearby factions of our claim, to attempt to stave off misunderstandings before they start."

Kyung-Sun turned serious and was quite a bit before continuing

"I may have a guess of the troubling whispers you have heard. We have also heard and seen the signs of war from multiple scouts. Revolving around Tikal and Forgehall as well as those the latter could lure to their cause. Tikal appears to of formed a splinter faction, that has been officially recognized as its leader, if we understand the situation correctly. We get little information but they seem to be at odds with one another, the only thing keeping them from breaking is the preassure from outside. If they took off the preassure they would likly fracture, but every blow of the war brings seem to be forging them back into one people, and has kept the unrest from the decision down. The irony isn't lost on us."

"That is the largest bits of news we have to share, have your people had anything of interest happen of late?"
dragonlord7012
dragonlord7012

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Enann nodded as Kyung-Sun summarized the war news. It was nothing he didn't know, but it was good to hear it from another perspective.

He thought for a moment at Kyung-Sun's question, carefully weighing just how much he trusted in the avian's wisdom. He took a breath, "I don't know if you are aware of the refugees we discovered in the forest to the West. The Diadorians they are called." Enann gestured to the general location on a map resting on his desk. "We discovered them some time ago, barely a thriving community, and took them as one of our own."

He paused again, choosing his words, before continuing. "They... are a friendly people, but are a bit more independent than anticipated. Word of the golem came to me from a regiment of their spies. A regiment of which I had no knowledge. I have emphasized that they are to take no such action without direct orders, and we would not normally spy on allies. I wanted to let you know in case any are found in or around your borders. I would appreciate their safe return to Haven where the situation can be corrected."

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonlord7012 Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:54 pm

Kyung-Sun was suprised, but against what the Human leaders expectations, didn't seem even moderately perturbed.

"Hmm I don't believe any have been seen, but if we find any we will turn them over to you if you wish, as well at a note of where we found them. So long as no one is hurt, it should be fine."

Sensing a gap in his explanation he continued.

"Our people have little privacy among each other. We share our homes with family, and extended family.  And frankly gossip is easily the most assured way to spread information between us, or find out what we are up to in some cases, because we tend to share anything at all interesting we find out with any family we run into."

"And over the course of our lives we adopt into several different, and often large family groups..." he trailed off, leaving his meaning.

Kyung-Sun ponders out loud looking at the new tidbit from another angle, "It is a bit of a puzzle you seem to have though. A faction within your people has set upon itself the task of spying upon others on your behalf."

"Ordering them to not do so may not turn out as planned, as if they did so without permission once it means they assumed, correctly it would seem, that you would not approve. It is the most reasonable cause for why they would hide such actions from you.

"Yet when the found something of note, they still brought it to your attention. You have their loyalty, but not yet their trust."

"They hid their actions because you disapproved, they may not come to you again if they are punished for it... "

Kyung-Sun seems as though he might have more to say, but quietly ponders for a few moments more before he breaks his train of thought.

"I apologize for my lapse, I like many of my people, tend to get taken up in my own thoughts. "

"Rest assured, so long as none of my people are harmed, no issue will be brought up by any individuals curiosity. We may ask how they managed to slip in if they go undetected, but I do not see any problem.
dragonlord7012
dragonlord7012

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Enann was pleasantly surprised by Kyung-Sun's reaction. He still had much to learn about his people's ways. "I appreciate your understanding in the matter, as well as your counsel. They have not been reprimanded, more guided. I then enlisted their help in another matter as a show of my trust."

The king waved his hand dismissively. "But that is another topic. Is there anything else I can do for you today?"

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2