Refuge of Allis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tikal / Reforged

2 posters

Go down

Tikal / Reforged  Empty Tikal / Reforged

Post by killer spork Fri May 22, 2015 9:00 am

His journey had taken him through jungle terrain, over wide open grassland, and finally he had arrived at the mountains. With every step, the lizard grew slower and more lethargic. The cold seeped into his bones and if it wasn't for the heavy robe that swaddled him, then Itza the Merchant would have surely died. The cart creaked and groaned in protest, a loud crack brought the reigns down hard on the back of the salamander pulling him. The effects of the terrain could be felt across the entire caravan and the urge to stop and find a rock to sun himself on was nearly overpowering. Yet he persisted, he knew what would happen to him if he stopped... and Itza the merchant wasn't about to leave his bones for the carrion at the bottom of the mountain.

Once the Dwarves of the Black Mountain and the Empire of Sotek had been the greatest of allies. If anyone had been complicit in the First and Second Sundering it had been the Dwarves. But did Vorric Frostheart get any of the blame? No! The world only seemed to remember the name of Citamlin, forgetting that His Divine Emperor had not been the only one whom had ascended to godhood that day..

His eyes narrowed as he saw something flicker in the pass up ahead. A figure? A shadow? Or was it his exhausted eyes playing tricks on him? The small caravan stopped, sensing that someone was ahead. Now to see if a friend lurked behind those rocks or foe...

killer spork

Back to top Go down

Tikal / Reforged  Empty Re: Tikal / Reforged

Post by Vaklu Sun May 24, 2015 2:09 pm

Vakiri Stoneboot and his Wardens had been watching the Lizardman for days. He appeared to be a merchant and little else but it always paid to be sure. Vakiri would hail him from the rocks. It was rare to find traveler in their mountains and it was worth it to see what ware he offered. "Who goes into Anvil Mountains without the leave of the Reforged?"

Vaklu

Back to top Go down

Post by killer spork Mon May 25, 2015 9:12 am

'' Ah, so it is the Anvil Mountains now is it? '' Itza said with a cock of his head as he surveyed his surroundings. '' Do you not recognize a friend and ally? I am called Itza. A descendant of Great Sotek and representative of Tikal. Ajaw Uaxmal sends me to negotiate on his behalf. We seek trade and to establish diplomatic relations once more. ''

killer spork

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaklu Mon May 25, 2015 9:23 am

"Tikal still lives?" Vakiri had known that the Lizards had passed through the portal but without word for two decades they had no idea whether they were still ruled by the same lords. "The Smith-Priests will wish to speak to you. We will bring you to the village of Gaz-Morak." The journey would take 5 days. The mining town was surrounded by spiked earthworks to keep the marauding beasts of the mountains at bay. Itza would be presented to the villages Smith-Priest after being given time to rest.

Vaklu

Back to top Go down

Post by killer spork Mon May 25, 2015 9:34 am

After spending time warming his bones on the largest rock that he could find, Itza at last felt somewhat refreshed. Nevertheless, he pitied the poor fool that was permanently posted here. The lizardman gave the Smith-priest a firm nod and half bow. '' I am Itza of Tikal. I represent Ajaw Uaxmal, High Priest of Tikal and Prophet of the Divine Emperor Citalmlin, blessed be His name. Ajaw Uaxmal sent me to investigate rumors of your folk surviving are true. '' Thing's have been chaotic since Frostheart and Uaxmal had ripped open the portal twenty years ago. For the Lizards of Sotek, it had been to free their trapped and lost Emperor. For the Dwarves, it had been for a far darker reason. '' I am pleased to see that they are. My Lord wishes trade and to re-establish our friendship. '' The Dwarven-Lizard Alliance had been the one recurring theme throughout the First and Second Age. Would it be in the Third?

killer spork

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaklu Mon May 25, 2015 9:43 am

"I would have send word to the Master Smith-Priests in the holy city about the wish of renewed alliance. But trade could begin without delay." Trade would swell the kingdoms coffers and none would complain at that. "Outsiders are not allowed in the holy city so your caravans would be rquired to come to our outer villages."

Vaklu

Back to top Go down

Post by killer spork Mon May 25, 2015 10:03 am

'' It will be some time before Tikal is able to handle new trade caravans. But if we can sign a treaty today, then I hope that in the next year that we can begin implementing the agreement. In the meantime, would the Reforged be open to negotiating for the purchase of raw materials? '' The Confederacy needed stone and iron for its future and from his brief inspection of the village, it seemed that the Dwarves had both. '' If you will not allow diplomats a represenative in your city.. '' Itza tried to keep the annoyance out of his voice and succeeded somehow... '' then would the Reforged be open to allowing our representatives to be based in the neighboring villages? ''

killer spork

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaklu Mon May 25, 2015 3:06 pm

"Yes of course, the Forge council will most likely have a trade city built in the future, but they have decreed the holy city is for the Reforged alone." He understood why it would be considered frustrating to others but it was the decree of the Masters. "As for materials, what is your need friend?"

Vaklu

Back to top Go down

Post by killer spork Mon May 25, 2015 5:13 pm

'' I understand. '' Itza said with a nod before moving on from the sore point in the negotiations to hopefully more pleasent matters. '' Ajaw Uaxmal is seeking iron stores to help burnish his army with mighty new weaponry. '' While the Tikalan armies had used materials such as obsidian in combat for centuries, the rise of iron made it paramount for the Tikalan's to find new weapons technologies. '' Our funds at the moment are limited but we would be willing to offer two thousand gold pieces for one ton of iron. Our only request that the payments be broken up (payment made on turn 2 and 3) so as not to tax the Tikalan treasury. '' He hoped the propsotion of future growth would prove too enticing for the Dwarves to pass up.

killer spork

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaklu Mon May 25, 2015 5:26 pm

"That would be fine. We have plenty at the moment and the Forge Council would not begrudge a little credit to our old friends of Tikal. Also we are more than amenable to the trading of slaves and captives for resources as well."

Vaklu

Back to top Go down

Post by killer spork Fri May 29, 2015 9:31 am

'' You can be sure that the debt as always will be paid in full. '' Itza replied, his mind already counting the coin that could be made my selling goblin captives to work in the dwarven mines. But how would he get them across such a vast distance without many of them dying? Hmph. Ah well, a problem for another day. For now, the trade caravans would begin rumbling and at last goods could begin flowing into Tikal. '' An official diplomatic delegation will be sent within the month to take up residence in one of your outlying villages. We extend an invitation for you to send an ambassador to Tikal. I am pleased that we could build upon old ties. '' Old ties that had once shaken the world... but for now Tikal would have to rebuild its own legacy.

killer spork

Back to top Go down

Post by killer spork Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:54 am

Defeat. It was a word that could scarcely be thought of as possible. How could Citalmlin's children be defeated by the likes of the High Goblins? It was disgusting, infuriating, and it filled him with rage. Yet the missive he received from Tikal instructed him the contemplate that very possibility. Itza had dispatched a message to the Reforged, seeking a meeting with its dark priests.

killer spork

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaklu Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:57 pm

Smith Priest Guvin Redsteel met with the trader of sotek. On behalf of the Forge council. "Friend Itza, How can the Council help you?"

Vaklu

Back to top Go down

Post by killer spork Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:04 pm

'' The war in the East goes poorly. We are surrounded by the enemy and I fear even if we were to push them back.... there is no future for the Lizardfolk in the East. '' Itza said finally. '' Your age old allies and friends would seek one final boon. Help us come south. We will help defend your borders and concentrate our defenses before the enemy can reach. '' None could forget the Dwarves own hand in the destruction that the Second Sundering had caused. They would need allies once they were finished with the Lizardmen. '' In order to make our journey we will need aid... food, protection, and access to resources. Tikal has enough coin and can buy enough time, the question is, can we rely upon our old friends that we fought with time and time again? ''

killer spork

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaklu Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:01 am

"This is no mean thing you ask of us." The dwarf's face was stone. "The council would need to be convened to answer such a question." He strode back and forth a little. "Do you have estimates of what you will need? If I have figures to present it will shorten the time needed for the council's ruling. If you can give me those then I shall return with an answer in two days."

Vaklu

Back to top Go down

Post by killer spork Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:53 pm

'' I do not have specifics to present. '' Itza said with a frown. '' At the least, we would require four tonnes of stone for the construction of our cities and the support of foodstuffs as we make the march. My masters have given me the authority to give you the coin to explore suitable lands for us however. We would ask for your troops to lead the mission. ''

-- Tikal offers six gold for exploration.

killer spork

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaklu Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:09 am

"Very well. I shall bring this before the council."

On the dawn of the second day he would return to the village. "the council agrees. We will send the expedition as soon as we can gather volunteers. The stone and food stuff's can be loaned for fair prices when you have need of them."

Vaklu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down