Refuge of Allis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Discussion

+12
Skjaeren
MissMilkMaid
Admin
dragonlord7012
Frostwander
Cadra
Paxar
Pixel
AspenIvan
Fel
Vaklu
killer spork
16 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

OOC Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: OOC Discussion

Post by dragonlord7012 Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:08 pm

Ahh, sorry bout that, and thanks. I'll do it in the next 48 hours, crunch time atm.
dragonlord7012
dragonlord7012

Back to top Go down

Post by killer spork Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:03 pm

Alright it may just be me but....things feel pretty dead here...what happened? xD

killer spork

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostwander Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:12 pm

Things have slowed a little with the initial rush for diplomacy finished, but I think some folks are losing steam a bit waiting on modmarks or responses on investigations. Things were pretty quiet for most of last week before the turn rolled over.

A lot of people haven't posted turn actions yet this turn. I'm working on something in diplomacy for mine right now, but I wonder if some people might not have seen the turn change happen.
Frostwander
Frostwander

Back to top Go down

Post by killer spork Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Well, for one, I never even got my updated ledger for the latest turn change. I'm wondering if that's the case for anyone else? My biggest fear is that we've lost too much momentum here. I don't see anyone on, the war thread has slowed to a crawl...it's just.. I've been around a lot of dying forums and I'm leery to say the least.

killer spork

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurajai Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:28 pm

This is something that needs to be addressed. Without saying any names one of the admins has been less attentive than he/she should be and the drive to make this run has died. However, we need to have solidarity as a community. After all, this is not the first forum to flunk but this does not mean we should disperse. We must decide here and now if we're willing to fight to start the engine up again or if we wish to look to alternative actions.
Zurajai
Zurajai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by killer spork Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:32 pm

I mean, I just don't want to get more invested for a forum that's already circling the drain. I've built far more memorable characters over in Church & State and that actually lasted about a year. But if we can kickstart things here, I'm all in. But let's not just sit here for the next three weeks and then gradually stop logging on. I'd hate to see the group fall apart.

killer spork

Back to top Go down

Post by Falkirk Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:53 pm

Well I was hoping to expand a bit more before sending ye olde troops out. I guess I could start ransacking villages if that keeps the forum going.
Falkirk
Falkirk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravigen Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:56 pm

The big problem is the slowed war thread, the 8 or so people who need modmarks, ledgers and subterfuge actions.

I check in every day but not much I can do.

I'd hate to see this forum go.

Ravigen

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:03 pm

I'm sticking around as long as it's still going on. I think there are just more players than anticipated, and it got a little back up.

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostwander Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:26 pm

I'm in for as long as it goes, and trying to keep active. I need to do more with my Life and Admin, I just have an easier time writing interactions with others than about my nation by itself. Still having a blast, and I've seen games come back strong from far worse lulls than this. I plan to keep at it.
Frostwander
Frostwander

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurajai Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Well, something of note. The veterans belong to a long lasting RP Nation group that has a far better track record than this forum would suggest. So even if this falls over we would welcome to you all with us. The major problem is a lack of interest in the admin team to make LA MMs and the like. But, if the community wants to keep this moving we will find a way to do so.
Zurajai
Zurajai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skjaeren Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:07 pm

I definitely want to see this keep going. I'm okay with the pace slowing down a bit here and there. It doesn't have to be war and conflict all the time. The main thing I've noticed so far is that where there IS war and conflict, things seem to get done and interacted with pretty quickly, while people who are just minding their own business and playing nice are having to wait longer to learn the consequences of their actions.

I'm pretty excited about some of the potential meetings, reactions, and events that this game seems to have to offer. I'm definitely still going to be doing what I can to keep it going, but since my nation has only had real diplomatic talks with 2 others so far, and doesn't tend to spread out quickly, we'll see. It suits me, because I have trouble keeping track of too much at once, especially in a new type of game.
Skjaeren
Skjaeren

Back to top Go down

Post by Blarflesnarflo Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:54 am

That would suck if we had to end it right now. I had so many plans...

But it is true that it seems to be lagging into obscurity. I for one have been anticipating a couple events happening in the general western sphere of influence, but several of my PM's have taken too long to get a response or no answer whatsoever.

I hope there's something substantial that we can do, but dictatorship is much more efficient than democracy, so we should probably appoint someone to take charge of all this (and if need be, transfer all the necessary stuff to other people).
Blarflesnarflo
Blarflesnarflo

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonlord7012 Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:49 am

I've just been busy w/ school. (Goes back to studying for final today)
dragonlord7012
dragonlord7012

Back to top Go down

Post by Skjaeren Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:51 pm

So uh. Does anybody have tree medicine? Just curious. No reason.
Skjaeren
Skjaeren

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurajai Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:40 am

So after a discussion with the admins we've been able to drum up some proper desire once more. Consider us back in the game.
Zurajai
Zurajai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:16 am

Yay!

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostwander Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:45 am

Fabulous!
Frostwander
Frostwander

Back to top Go down

Post by Fel Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:41 pm

HEY KIDS

So I was wondering, we've been doing a lot of Fantasy Medieval stuff lately. I was wondering if maybe we could switch to another theme, for the next forum, (Whether that be next month or 6 months from now or a year).

I really would enjoy another Sci-fi (Though only if it had the ship creation mechanic we had in Crowded Galaxy), but also a pre-modern (WW1, Napoleonic, WW2, or late 1800's esque) one might be cool. Just uh, throwing an idea out.

Fel

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:43 pm

I'd be interested in a sci-fi

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurajai Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Well, to let you folks in on a little behind-the-scenes info; the two nationRP's we have stacked up are a SciFi one and a continuation of C&S.
Zurajai
Zurajai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonlord7012 Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:56 pm

I'd play the Sci-Fi, but not the C&S.

I really, really, dislike the entire "TEH EMPIRE RULZ" concept. A faction that can do pretty much anything it wants kills it for me as whats the point of trying to rule if this guy can screw me up at a whim? (I'm aware of the Mod mark Parallels, but its the flavor that i dislike, If everyone has to play nice or get wiped off the board i'm against it. )

Then again, a faction where there is a race that pretty much is completely evil to the point that people will put wars aside to fight them, is a bit more palpable.

Not so sure i'd be interested in the RPing aspect tho either.

N/m Ill just be warrior race guy if we do move over.

Edit2: @Ravigen
Actually i'll let my Diplo be the way it is. No reason for me to know about her being in FH. Plus i vaugly recalled you wanting to learn from my people, and Master Jin is the most badass one i have ATM anyways.
dragonlord7012
dragonlord7012

Back to top Go down

Post by Skjaeren Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:52 pm

Glad to hear things are picking back up!

My wife and I (the players behind Voluspa) are out of town this weekend, and the internet I'm using to check up on things from out here is pretty limited.

Still waiting on some more info from the mods about what sounds like a pretty critical threat that we'd like to act on this turn if possible. We'll be back at our own internet access Sunday late afternoon. Could we ask you guys to wait to flip the turn until Sunday evening?
Skjaeren
Skjaeren

Back to top Go down

Post by killer spork Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:00 pm

I'll be honest, I really, really, miss sci fi. Crowded Galaxy (for those of us who were there) was probably the best sci fi rp that we ever did. Tal's ship customization system was pretty awesome annnd I've done enough fantasy rp for the moment.

If we did move over to C&S though, this would be version two. The Empire is basically dead and gone in the aftermath of a bloody twenty year civil war, and everyone would be virtually independent. Or so that would be the jist of the story that I've heard from asp. But, like I said, if we do move...I really miss spaceships is what i'm saying! xD

killer spork

Back to top Go down

Post by AspenIvan Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:09 pm

OK Voluspa, I can hold the turn change till late Sunday or early Monday.

AspenIvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum