Refuge of Allis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Discussion

+12
Skjaeren
MissMilkMaid
Admin
dragonlord7012
Frostwander
Cadra
Paxar
Pixel
AspenIvan
Fel
Vaklu
killer spork
16 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

OOC Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: OOC Discussion

Post by Blarflesnarflo Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:31 pm

I blame the elves
Blarflesnarflo
Blarflesnarflo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaklu Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:27 pm

Actually the second forum lasted almost a year and a half before we all tapped out.

Vaklu

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:34 pm

Just let us know when the next forum is ready to go.

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostwander Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:24 am

I will be interested to see what comes next, and I certainly wouldn't want to push the admins to have to write for something that didn't hold their interest, either. I'm not planning to depart.

Regarding a Sci-Fi genre game, would race creation be more fluid? Like the build-a-god in this game, I imagine it would be harder in an alien environment (if such is the case) to just create 8-10 races to build from. I'd be very interested to see how that comes out.

Edit: And I am very thankful for people addressing concerns of us newer players, as well. I hope I did not come off as slighting or dismissive, I just ... worry about things with which I'm less familiar sometimes.
Frostwander
Frostwander

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonlord7012 Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:35 am

I might dump the Life/Admin things i had with a note on the turns they would of occured. Sucks about thread dying, but without a major surge to the heart, not much to be done.

Do we have a rules page for the next one? Or more specifically for how to start a faction? Might as well start brainstorming now.
dragonlord7012
dragonlord7012

Back to top Go down

Post by Falkirk Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:25 am

Paxar wrote:
Falkirk wrote:I said I'd do it to keep the place running.  I wasn't lying.

What I mean is I planned to be ready for you.

No one's ready for the Nornians. Razz

As far as the forum closing, I've been doing forum RPG's for... goodness... going on 18 years (I'm old...) so this is not a problem for me, even though I was looking forward to this one. Let me know how to get to the new one, can't wait to try a sci-fi game if that's the direction we go.
Falkirk
Falkirk

Back to top Go down

Post by MissMilkMaid Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:40 pm

I'd like to keep this one going, even if it's with fewer players and admins.

I know I've been absent the past two weeks and sorry about that, I've been a little distracted and discouraged here. But if we have some people who want to continue, I'd be willing to put in some effort to revitalize and take on more leadership responsibility.

Admin clearly was feeling overwhelmed by all the work stacking up for him. I think this site was a little too full of players compared to the number of admins. Maybe starting a sci-fi forum is a good idea. Those who want to can go run/play that one and those who want to try to revitalize Allis can work with me here. I think there's enough players to divide between two groups.

In the mean time, Dlord, I'm still willing to start that quest and give you a MM if you want to continue here.

MissMilkMaid
MissMilkMaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:29 pm

Alright, so I have a scifi setting that's complete except for a map, which should be ready in a few days. http://starlords.freeforums.net/

I'm also willing to try and revamp/renew Allis if that's what people want.

It's all your choice. I couldn't keep up with Allis because I added too many mechanics that took too much time from moderators, but I would like to play with people and have a fun nation forum up.

Admin
Admin

https://refugeofallis.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Skjaeren Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:50 pm

If this game is salvagable, I'd like to try. But it sounds like most people are really in the mood for a sci fi game, now that this one lost most of its momentum. I shall continue to wait and see.

*Edit* that said, I am already reading the new mechanics and listening to Mass Effect music. I'm just wary of investing too much energy again.

*Edit 2* I'm getting some ideas for the sci fi game, and I'm interested. But I'd like to hear from the other mods, and from Admin, definitively on which they will be running, before putting much more work into Voluspa (if we are going to try to save Refuge of Allis) or the new nation (if we are going to a new game). Of course I don't mind if we start a new one, and some people want to maintain roleplay events here or wrap up quests and such, but I personally will not have enough time/energy for both, and I would absolutely not think that expecting Admin to keep track of mechanics and mod marks and such in both would work out well. So ultimately for me, it comes down to:
- Is Admin running the new one to start over with a clean desk?
- Would he prefer to stay and try to revitalize this one?
- Will the other mods be able/willing to help with that?

Last edited by Skjaeren on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Skjaeren
Skjaeren

Back to top Go down

Post by Falkirk Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:18 pm

I was really looking forward to the fantasy setting so I'll stick around if we continue here.  I'll also check out that sci-fi one and see if I get some inspiration.

I regret I wouldn't be able to take on more responsibility, though, as my other forum and job are taking up most of my time.

Last edited by Falkirk on Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Falkirk
Falkirk

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:21 pm

I'd be happy to stick around and take part in the sci-fi game.

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonlord7012 Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:17 pm

I'd do both, although I'm super busy until the end of the month. (My attendance to even my regular gaming is shaky these days.)

Edit: That being said I am pretty good about things like cleaning up mechanics and the like. So if it would help things out, I might be able to take up more Mechanical end responsabilityes, after summer classes end.

Edit2: I'm up for the QUEST! but i'm a bit busy for the next week or two, so i might not be super quick.
dragonlord7012
dragonlord7012

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonlord7012 Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:17 pm

Does anyone come here anymore?
dragonlord7012
dragonlord7012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content